Diving in Pemuteran Dive Sites
Bali is home to some of the best dive sites in the world, thanks to its unique location in the heart of the Coral Triangle. One of the most exquisite diving destinations is the village of Pemuteran, in North West Bali, about 3 to 4 hours drive from Sanur. Divers have long discovered a plethora of hidden gems underneath the water’s surface in the areas surrounding this village, filled with a rich diversity of marine life, clear and warm water, no hardly current and amazing corals.
If you are looking for the ideal underwater spot for scintillating underwater photography, these dive sites off Pemuteran would be the perfect location. It is also great for snorkeling, beginner dives, and night diving.
Here are some of the dive sites that you should visit while you are in Pemuteran:
- Close Encounters Dive Site – This location offers a wide array of hard and soft corals with a wide variety of species to see. Schooling Snapper, Trevally, Batfish, Pygmy Seahorse, Pipefish and Nudibranchs, Frogfish and Crocodile fish are some of the underwater creatures you will spot here.
- Napoleon Reef Dive Site – This rejuvenated dive site now features an array of reef fish including Rays and Cuttlefish, and macro among others. This is the ideal spot for night dives.
- Deep Reef / Gede Reef – This is a diving spot that is perfect both for beginners and experienced divers. Your diving experience starts with a 15-minute boat ride before the actual dive from Abyss Ocean World. The reef depth ranges from 13 to 40 meters deep and you will spot a wide variety of corals such as table corals, giant leather corals, sponges and more invertebrates.
- Secret Bay – If you love seeing the wide-eyed macro in their natural habitat, Secret Bay is your place. This site also hosts more sea creatures including Nudibranch, Frogfish, Shrimpfish, Seahorses, Dragonets and The shallow site is about 10 meters deep, allowing for more time at the bottom and better photography opportunities.
- Putrijati (PJ) – This is one of the best-kept secrets in Pemuteran where you can catch sight of Octopus, Frogfish, Dragonets and There is beautiful dark volcanic rocks and sand which offer fantastic backdrops for photography.
- Bio Rock – This is a technological marvel that is helping to regenerate damaged reefs. There are over 56 bio-rock structures across Pemuteran and they offer a delightful experience for every diver.
Go ahead and experience a fantastic dive in one of these locations when you visit Pemuteran village. Abyss Ocean World is based right in the Pemuteran area; with friendly professional guides and years of experience, we are the expert and preferred diving center in Pemuteran that can ensure you a memorable and enjoyable dive. Contact us now for details.